Friday, April 18, 2014

Mid April Dumps

April was looking positive. The sun was out and the temps were in the positives. It looked like winter was finally over. A feeling I had not felt in a while was returning. I sense of hope. Hope for warmth and vitamin D. Walking to and from work with a skip in my step, proclaiming to the world that the long eternal winter, had finally acquiesced to the sun and warmth of spring. My grasp of the English language more eloquent as I use words like acquiesce.

Then came what was the most bipolar week I've experienced since arriving in Montreal. Monday started off around the 8 degrees Celsius mark and increased to 24 in a matter of hours, quite strange but you heard no complaints from me about this:

 (This temperature made my face muscles do this :D )

 Then Wednesday came:
 (Temperature difference of 30 degrees makes my face do this D: )

Everyone was skeptical of the warmth. Many predicted one final snow dump. And they were right. Again came the snow:

(Back go on the winter boots)

Luckily the snow didn't stay for very long. Gone in a day, Montreal was back to 'normal' like nothing had happened. Now back around the -2 to early positives, the last couple of weeks have been very strange.

Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day" sums up how I felt about this winter quite accurately.



But it's becoming clear that actual proper warmth is in sight. I hope...



No comments:

Post a Comment